Every attempt will be made to keep this list of volunteer opportunities up-to-date, however new opportunities are continuously becoming available. If after reviewing this list you don’t find an opportunity you are interested in, send in your Volunteer Information Form anyway! Be sure to give us an idea of the time you have available and the types of opportunities you are interested in. We’ll keep your name on our list and when an opportunity comes up that meets your criteria we will give you a call!
Below is a list of all volunteer teams and positions under each of the PMI Program areas. If you have questions about the opportunities available in a particular area, just send an email to the Board Member responsible for that area.
Professional Development (Contact)
- Education Seminars (5-8 hours per month): Assist with seminar topic opportunities, seminar site needs, onsite registration, materials distribution, and site setup.
- General Education: Support education opportunities in the Chapter.
- Support Chapter library (5 hours per month): Assist with the logistics of maintaining the Chapter Library including but not limited to ensuring PMP study tools support the current version of PMBOK, assist with pick-up and return of loaned Chapter materials, and update the library directory when new materials are received.
- Work with a team that identifies potential Chapter meeting speakers.
- Assist with set-up at monthly Chapter meetings.
- Provide assistance at Chapter meeting registration table.
- Provide summary and minutes of Chapter meetings.
- Track points for Chapter Awards from PMI Headquarters.
Marketing & Communications (Contact)
- Actively pursue new advertisers for the PMI Olympia website.
- Track current advertisers and follow-up with renewals.
- Send monthly e-mail invitations to chapter meetings.
- Pursue sponsors for Chapter meetings and events.
- Track current sponsors and follow-up with renewals.
- Greet new members at Chapter meetings and introduce them to the Board.
- Send out new member packets.
- Track membership using the existing Chapter database.
- Become involved in a business community outreach for new members.