The Olympia Chapter was founded in 2004 with the vision statement:
"Our communities’ project managers, organizations, and their clients value the Olympia Chapter of PMI because it brings us project professionals together to build relationships and enhance their skills, experience, and project results."
The Olympia PMI Chapter has florished over the years to over 200 members. Through the volunteer efforts of many members this chapter has seen steady growth. Many of the original members are still involved today. Our chapter strives to bring pertinent topics for presentation at the monthly dinner meetings and provide our members with an opportunity to network with fellow professionals. The chapter also conducts two PMP Prep Courses thoughout the year with an almost perfect record of success in students attaining their PMP certification.
- Establish and maintain an active membership drive, identify membership opportunities in and around our membership area and create an awareness about PMI.
- Business Outreach – to meet representatives from organization in and around our membership area and create an awareness about PMI.
- University Outreach – to meet with representatives from Universities in and around our membership area and create an awareness about PMI.
- Develop and implement a member retention program to follow-up with each member who does not renew.
- Create and implement a membership needs assessment survey that is part of Chapter member retention program.
- Collect, compile and publish membership metrics on a periodic basis.
Since its founding in 1969, Project Management Institute (PMI®) has grown to be the organization of choice for project management professionalism. With membership approaching 500,000 worldwide, PMI® is the leading nonprofit professional association in the area of Project Management.
PMI® establishes Project Management standards, provides seminars, educational programs and professional certification that more and more organizations desire for their project leaders.