The Olympia PMI Chapter was founded in 2004 with the vision statement:
"Our communities’ project managers, organizations, and their clients value the Olympia Chapter of PMI because it brings us project professionals together to build relationships and enhance their skills, experience, and project results."
Our Chapter has flourished over the years to over 400 members. Through the volunteer efforts of many members, we have seen steady growth and many of the original members are still involved today. Our Chapter strives to bring pertinent topics and presenters to the monthly dinner meetings and provide our members with an opportunity to network with fellow professionals. The Chapter also conducts two PMP Prep Courses throughout the year with an almost perfect record of success in students attaining their certification.
Integrating project management principles into work and life to make ideas a reality.
Provide a platform to foster and develop the project management community by:
- Creating opportunities for development and learning in project management
- Providing programs and services to the project management community
- Promoting project management certification, PMI and project management professionalism to the community
- Maintaining a sustaining Olympia PMI Chapter
Our Strategic Goals
- Image and Brand – professionals and organizations associated with PMI Olympia will be consistently recognized for project management excellence and success.
- Advocacy – through the advocacy of our members, leaders and decision makers, will integrate project management into their organizations in order to achieve enterprise objectives.
- Networking & Community – individuals and organizations will benefit from PMI Olympia’s efforts to facilitate and promote community among those who practice project management.
- Professional Development – individuals and organizations that have participated in PMI or PMI Olympia professional development activities will be preferentially valued by organizations that seek project management expertise.
- Knowledge – PMI Olympia will be a trusted resource for project management-oriented coaching, knowledge, and expertise.
- Access to new skill training, boot camps, and conferences
- Great network with WA State Government employees, contractors, and local entrepreneurs
- Access to members only web content, publications, and job listings
- Substantial discounts on Chapter events
- PMI certification training and support, and PDU opportunities
- Potential Speaker Spot to advertise your PM skill, product, or service
- Leadership opportunities to serve on our board of directors
- Publicize your business by being our dinner and gold sponsors
We are dedicated to providing our members an environment of continuous improvement and constant membership engagement. The chapter is focused on promoting project management for practitioners, principals within the community, and local business.