Calling all Leaders!Apply NOWfor 2020-2022 Board Member Positions
It's that time again - time to begin the selection process for next year's Chapter Board of Directors (BOD). Serving as a Board Member is exciting, fun, and rewarding. It's a terrific way to become more involved in the chapter, understand and work with PMI Global, and meet some really terrific people.
Questions can be submitted to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to working with you and having you on board.
Jolena Missildine, President Elect
PMI Olympia, WA Chapter
BOD positions up for election this year are:
- Vice President / President-Elect (3 year term commitment) – position details
- VP Professional Development (2 year term commitment) – position details
- VP Membership (2 year term commitment) – position details
- VP Finance (2 year term commitment) – position details
Please review the roles, responsibilities, and qualifications for each position.
- February 11 – Elections announcement via Chapter website
- February 11-March 20 – Nominations accepted for open Board positions
- March 23-April 20 – Review and evaluate candidates with the Board
- April 21 – Request setup of PMI Global Elections tool for the Chapter elections
- May 9 – Open website link to PMI Global Elections tool for Chapter BOD elections
- May 9-May 25 – Membership votes on nominees (Electronic Voting)
- May 26 – Notify winners
- June 2 – New Board members attend Board meeting
- June 16 – Meet new Board members at the June Chapter meeting
- July 1 – New Board begins
Any PMI-Olympia Chapter member whose membership is in good standing at the time of the election may run for election.
You also have to maintain membership during your tenure on the Board and be ready to volunteer 5-15 hours monthly (minimum). All members are encouraged to consider running for a Board of Directors position.
Once your nomination has been accepted, you are expected to provide a biography and a picture that will be posted on our website for members to review before voting.
- Attend once-a-month Board meetings on the first Tuesday of every month from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Regularly attend Chapter Meetings and participate in other Chapter activities as appropriate. This is at your expense. The Chapter does not pay fees for Board members to attend the Chapter Meetings.
- Plan to spend 5 to 15 hours a month on chapter activities depending on the position.
- For all positions except President Elect, commit to serve a two year, July 1, 2020–June 30, 2022. You have an option to extend for a second term in your elected position.
- The President-Elect commits to serve a three-year term: July 1, 2020–June 30, 2021 as President Elect; July 1, 2021–June 30, 2022 as President, and July 1, 2023–June 30, 2024 as Immediate Past President.
- Lead, support, recruit, and recognize Chapter volunteers and portfolio team members.
- Strategically develop and lead your portfolio to achieve the mission of the Chapter.
- Attend annual Board transition and strategy sessions.
- Learn about and understand your portfolio and the Chapter.
- Put the interests of the Chapter ahead of any other organization or business when acting as a Board member. Disclose any potential conflicts of interest which could affect decision making.
- Manage your portfolio budget and expenditures.
- Be a positive spokesman and evangelist for your portfolio and the Chapter.
- Carry out the fiduciary, due care, and diligence responsibilities of the Board of Directors by reviewing programs, policies, financial statements and other materials.
- Serve on committees and take on special assignments.
- Gain invaluable leadership experience as a Board member.
- Expand your professional network in the PMI community.
- Demonstrate your leadership expertise to your employer, clients and/or co-workers.
- Earn required certification PDUs through volunteer hours.
- If possible, attend the PMI Region 1 Leadership Conference. The Chapter pays travel, hotel, and meals. This is a great opportunity to network, learn new leadership skills and meet your area Region 1 counterparts through the region in preparation for your Board year.
- If possible, attend the PMI Global Leadership Conference. The Chapter pays conference registration, travel, hotel, and meals. This is a great opportunity to network, learn new leadership skills, and learn about PMI at a global level.