BECOME A SPEAKER
CALL FOR PRESENTERS
The Project Management Institute (PMI) Olympia Chapter is accepting submissions for the Instant Impact 2020 conference!
Our theme for this year’s virtual conference is: Arrive, Ascend, Achieve!
The conference details are as follows:
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
This event is virtual.
Instant Impact 2020 will provide one full-day of education focusing on developing leadership, technical and strategic project management skills. This conference is expected to attract over 200 delegates and offers attendees with the opportunity to earn PMI approved professional development units (PDUs). Each session is approximately 50 minutes in length.
We currently have several presentation slots available and are seeking to provide relevant, timely and educational content. We will have two keynotes speakers and several presenters per session.
The program will align with PMI's talent triangle. Our research shows employers want project managers with an equal balance of Technical, Leadership, and Strategic & Business Management skills - the PMI Talent Triangle®. If you would like to find out more about the talent triangle, visit PMI's website here.
The submission deadline is August 15, 2020. All submissions must be provided in this electronic form; incomplete or late submissions will not be accepted. Please review the information below to prepare yourself for the submission form as you will only have 45 minutes to complete and it will not save your work if incomplete.
SPEAKER SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS:
The submission must be completed by clicking on the Start Survey button below. The following information is included:
- Presenter Names, Designations, and Organizations - Maximum three (3) presenters.
- Presenter Biographies - Maximum 300 words.
- Presenter Contact Information - Email, address, and phone # for primary presenter.
- Presenter Photo(s) - One (1) photo for each presenter.
- Presentation Fee or Charge - Indicate fee amount, if applicable.
- Virtual Presentation Experience - Please describe your experience in giving virtual
presentations, including your access to technology and tools.
- The following topics have been the most requested topics of interest from our community members:
- Project and Communications Management in the COVID-19 Era
- What does the post-COVID-19 world look like for PMs – 2 years from now, 5 years from now
- Remote and Virtual Teams, Cultural Intelligence
- Multi-Generational Workplaces
- The World of Artificial Intelligence (AI) -- Internet of Things (IoT), Smart Cities, Automated Vehicles, Drones, etc.
- Agile - What’s New!
- Understanding Blockchain
- Business Analysis Basics
- Change Management
- Creative Problem Solving and Innovation
- LEAN Techniques
- Project, Portfolio and Program Management -- similarities and differences
- Quality and Performance Management
- Risks and Issues Management
- Social Media -- networking and self-promotion
- Stakeholder Engagement, Management, and Governance
- Team Building, Conflict Resolution & Management, Negotiation Skills
- Other (please specify)
- Industry - e.g., Technology, Aerospace, Health & Medicine, etc.
- Presentation Title - Maximum one line
- Presentation Summary - Maximum 300 words
- Presentation Objectives - Up to three (3) anticipated learning objectives or takeaways for attendees.
- Links to relevant videos or websites - Ancillary resources expected to be included or referenced in your presentation.
- List of references and recommendations you have received up to three (3) names, phone numbers, and email addresses.
- Preferred PMI Talent Track Category - You will be required to indicate which of the three defined conference learning tracks your session is most ideally suited. Must be one of the following:
- Technical Project Management: Knowledge, skills and behaviors related to specific domains of Project, Program and Portfolio Management.
- Leadership: Knowledge, skills, and behaviors specific to leadership-oriented, cross-cutting skills that help an organization achieve its business goals.
- Strategic & Business Management: Knowledge of and expertise in the industry or organization that enhances performance and better delivers business outcomes.
- Other Notes or Details - Provide any other relevant information.
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & REQUIREMENTS:
- PMI Olympia Washington Chapter is a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization.
- Keynote presenters will receive payment of $500 for speaker fees, if required.
- As a primary presenter you will receive one full conference registration.
- No “selling from the stage” in any of the sessions:
- No ‘branding’ or ‘advertising’ of services or products allowed unless part of a Sponsorship Agreement.
- Presenters with published materials and/or books will be invited to include these items in the online conference bookstore for sale during the conference. Please indicate in your submission if you have any materials that you would like to have included in the bookstore.