Read PMI's new veteran's brochure: "Take Your Military Experience and Transition to a Career in Project Management".
The Olympia Chapter of PMI has used PMI Tampa Bay’s framework and created a Military Liaison pilot program to assist active and former military personnel in transitioning into careers in Project Management. PMI Global and many other United States-based chapters, including PMI Olympia, are getting involved in presenting service members and veterans with the many opportunities that project management has to offer. Engaging military personnel in project management is mutually beneficial as it is an excellent post-service career that is a great fit with many of the skills and disciplines learned in the service. It also helps to fill the gap of much-needed project management talent now and in the future.
- Provide networking and educational opportunities for local veterans and active duty personnel interested in transitioning into Project Management.
- Assist local companies interested in supporting the successful transition of veterans.
- Tap into trained leaders from the military to help PMI Olympia increase the community of servant leaders.
- Increase awareness of PMI and PMI Olympia and contribute to community outreach.
- Increase certifications of members, through training, education and mentorship.
- Increase general membership in our local chapter.
- Increase coordination with local veterans groups.
The great value that military veterans bring to Operational Excellence has long been overlooked and undervalued.
Work of Honor brings to light the elusive character traits and professional experiences veterans possess. Those traits, such as self-discipline, organizational expertise, level-headedness, respectful, endurance, problem-solving, team building, active learning, motivating and caring, are exemplified by the employees of Work of Honor.
When you join Work of Honor you participate in the Veteran and Business Community, have access to job opportunities, articles related to operational efficiency, access to a professional network and networking events.
We welcome all those who wish to join and be a part of our growing community of Veterans and Business Professionals.
RP/6 engages and develops relationships with public and private partners within the military and veteran service provider ecosystem to provide access to resources and services. Utilizing RP/6’s tailored concierge approach, connections to resources are provided to develop a clear action plan for the service member, veteran or family member’s path forward. We accomplish this mission with a focus on Service, Trust, and Results.
Justin Ramsey is PMI Olympia Chapter's Military Liaison. An Army Veteran, he recently left active military service and is applying his 12 years of project management and leadership skills to manage and drive utility projects on Joint Base Lewis-McChord.