April Chapter Meeting - In-Person Dinner
Stacy Steck of First Rule Group; “How well do you know your Project ____________?
A Modern-Day Quiz Show for Project Managers and Project Sponsors. ”
Stacy is an expert in planning and executing transformational technology projects. She excels at communication and facilitation. She is a writer, a strategic thinker, a dynamic project manager and consultant. She has served in virtually every project role across her career – and can bring value in any setting. Stacy serves on the board of her community free clinic where she can give back by applying her passion for fundraising.
Two superb Project Managers square off against two accomplished Project Sponsors in a modern-day quiz show.
The premise is this: using a quiz show framework, we'll interview two couples; each couple will be comprised of a project manager and a project sponsor. Neither dyad knows each other that well - but each couple is equally accomplished and has a solid track record of successful projects. We'll ask them each the same question - and see how they respond. The objective is to help project managers and project sponsors better understand each other. The most vital partnership on any project is that between the sponsor and the PM!
Grab some popcorn and watch each pair face off. Then join us for a discussion about how to bridge the gaps. It's The Newlywed Game meets Jeopardy - and it will spawn some lively discussion about how to meet our colleagues where they are and build more productive relationships between project managers and sponsors.
1. Appreciate the different roles and responsibilities of project managers and project sponsors.
2. Improve project manager / sponsor relationships.
3. Improve project outcomes by learning how to relate to and interface with busy sponsors.
4. Identify key strategies for improving your partnerships.
- Stacy Steck - your host
- With special guests:
· Sue Langen (Retired / Deputy CIO Washington State WaTech)
· Lou McDermott (Deputy / Health Care Authority)
· Chi Underwood (FirstRule PM, Employment Security Department WaCares PM)
· Trish Coloma (FirstRule PM, Employment Security Department Reed Act PM)
It is no longer possible to register for this event